[Mimedefang] Having trouble since 3.0 upgrade?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Sep 3 03:39:15 EDT 2022

Post issues here: https://github.com/The-McGrail-Foundation/MIMEDefang

> I have kept the spamassassin customizations in
> /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf  since /forever/, and as far as I can see
> in the docs and man pages, that's a reasonable home. That's where I've
> configured bayesian filtering, global blacklists and whitelists, etc.

It looks like that logic was lost in spam_assassin_init in
modules/lib/Mail/MIMEDefang/Antispam.pm. (That procedure used to be in
mimedefang.pl but the code got rearranged into multiple files. It had a
fairly elaborate search for config files. Now the optional $config value
passed in isn't used and no search is made for one.)