[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 3.0-rc1

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri May 13 09:32:27 EDT 2022

On 5/13/22 14:47, Dianne Skoll via MIMEDefang wrote:
>> In
>> fact, I did this a year ago with Mailmunge[1] and it only took a few
>> weeks; I'm disappointed in the direction of MIMEDefang development.  I
>> realize that it's out of my hands now, but as the original author I
>> still feel a certain connection to MIMEDefang.

Hi Diane:

MailMunge is amazing and people should definitely look at it but it is a
different approach and rewrite of the code.  And while I think every
programmer dreams of a ground up rewrite of legacy code, we agreed to be
the stewards of the MIMEDefang project, for better or worse.

Plus the offer still stands for you to join the MIMEDefang PMC and help
the direction of MIMEDefang.

All: Please test RC-1 and let us know if your filter breaks.  Not
breaking existing filters with a pathway to a better filter is a big
part of the approach.

Regards,
KAM