[Mimedefang] Fwd: An open letter from Papa John's CEO, Steve Ritchie

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Jul 16 11:01:27 EDT 2018

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Interesting crap tracking trick that MD shutdown from Papa John's
> because we disable javascript in emails:
>
>      document.write('<no-iframe  src="https://2543611.fls.doubleclick.net/activityi;src=2543611;type=email011;cat=promo0;ord =' + a + '?" width="1" height="1" frameborder="0" style="display:none"></iframe>');

When I install Seamonkey or Thunderbird, one of the very first things I
do in a new profile is to disable JS in email.  I can imagine no valid
use case for it and I'd submit a wishlist request to mail client
developers to remove it entirely if I thought it might actually have
more than a snowball's chance.

-kgd