[Mimedefang] base64 to text

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Mon Sep 25 20:49:41 EDT 2017

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Dianne Skoll wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:46:01 -0700
>"Michael Fox" <news at mefox.org> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to be able to deliver HTML and Base64 messages to those
>> clients.
>
>You can do it by throwing away non-text/plain parts where a text/plain part
>exists.

Be careful with that. In an ideal world "multipart/alternative" MIME
parts would supply differently formatted versions of the same message.
But I have seen way too much messages where the plain text version
is only used to inform me that my mail client doesn't support html-mail.

A particular sender "Nederlandse Spoorwegen" (Dutch Railways) comes
in my mind, but there might be other brain death senders.

A typical message structure: