[Mimedefang] base64 to text

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 25 14:09:12 EDT 2017

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:46:01 -0700
"Michael Fox" <news at mefox.org> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to deliver HTML and Base64 messages to those
> clients.

You can do it by throwing away non-text/plain parts where a text/plain part
exists.  Decoding base-64 is simply a matter of rewriting the attachment
and forcing the encoding to be quoted-printable.  (I wouldn't recommend 7bit
encoding because that could be lossy.)

All of this is possible with MIME::tools and MIMEDefang, but as usual with
my replies, the details are left to the reader. :)

Your first point of departure should be:  man MIME::Entity

Regards,

Dianne.