[Mimedefang] REVISED: postfix/mimedefang socket

Michael Fox news at mefox.org
Sat Sep 23 02:59:38 EDT 2017

Thanks Richard,

BTW, I also installed from packages.

So, with a unix socket you still have the same problem I do with the inet socket, which is: the order of start/restart matters and can break things.  That's not good.

This seems like a clear bug in MIMEDefang.

Evidence:
1)  Other milter(s) share a socket with Postfix and don't care which order they are started/restarted (example:  OpenDKIM)
2)  Dovecot shares a socket with Postfix and doesn't care which order they are started/restarted
3)  Amavisd-new is a different mechanism, but it also doesn't care which order it is started/restarted
4)  And even MIMEDefang didn't care about the order in v2.73

I'm new to the list.  What's the process for reporting/resolving issues?

Thanks,
Michael