[Mimedefang] check_against_smtp_server() with STARTTLS and AUTH support

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Jul 31 12:24:38 EDT 2017

Franz Schwartau wrote:
> Hi Dianne, hi list members,
>
> I appreciate md_check_against_smtp_server() supplied by mimedefang.pl
> very much. But it lacks two - IMHO - important features: ESMTP AUTH and
> STARTTLS.

STARTTLS I can see, but I'm curious why you wanted AUTH at this stage?

Your nexthop inbound mail server shouldn't be asking for AUTH (arguably
shouldn't even offer it on port 25);  aside from whatever processing
you're doing in MIMEDefang you should theoretically be able to point
your public MX records directly to this host.

-kgd