[Mimedefang] Block .js extension was Fwd: G Suite Update Alerts

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jan 26 09:12:51 EST 2017

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 08:10:13 -0500
"Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGrail at PCCC.com> wrote:

> OK, so I seem to post only about extensions lately... Gmail is going
> to block .js which mirrors in the wild attempts in zip files as well
> that we have seen VERY minorly in recent days.

Huh.  We take a more nuanced approach.  We block .js files directly attached
to an email message.  For looking inside zips, we block .js files UNLESS
there's also at least one .html, .htm or .css file also found in the zip.

A blanket block of .js would really annoy web developers who seem to mail
around zip files of projects (yeah, yeah, this "git" nonsense will never
catch on...)

Regards,

Dianne.