[Mimedefang] Block .js extension was Fwd: G Suite Update Alerts

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Thu Jan 26 08:10:13 EST 2017

OK, so I seem to post only about extensions lately... Gmail is going to
block .js which mirrors in the wild attempts in zip files as well that
we have seen VERY minorly in recent days.

Gmail will block .js file attachments starting February 13, 2017
<http://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2017/01/gmail-will-restrict-js-file-attachments.html>

Gmail currently restricts certain file attachments (e.g. .exe, .msc, and
.bat) for security reasons, and starting on *February 13, 2017*, we will
not allow .js file attachments as well. Similar to other restricted file
attachments
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590#messageswattachments>, you
will not be able to attach a .js file and an in-product warning will
appear, explaining the reason why.

If you still need to send .js files for legitimate reasons, you can use
Google Drive <http://drive.google.com/>, Google Cloud Storage
<https://cloud.google.com/storage/>, or other storage solutions to share
or send your files.

Regards,