[Mimedefang] calling external shell script without waiting for its end

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jan 2 15:45:38 EST 2017

On Mon, 02 Jan 2017 19:26:44 +0100
Marcus Schopen <lists at localguru.de> wrote:

> When calling an external bash script in filter_end like

>   system("/usr/local/bin/skript.sh $QueueID > /dev/null &");

I hope you trust the contents of $QueueID implicitly...

The MIMEDefang working directory gets deleted when the filter finishes.
You most likely also want to be a little more careful with the standard
file descriptors, so:

system("cd / && /usr/local/bin/skript.sh $QueueID < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1 &")

but more importantly... ask yourself what you need that for and whether it
would be better to rewrite skript.sh in Perl and integrated it into
your filter directly.

Regards,

Dianne.