[Mimedefang] Virus notification to virus administrator

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jan 7 07:20:43 EST 2016

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 12:25:43 +0100
jan hugo prins <jhp at jhprins.org> wrote:

> We have a requirement to send a notification to an internal security
> list for all virusses detected including a scanner report, and a
> quarantine location for the mimepart.

Well, that's trivial.  MIMEDefang's filter is Perl, so just call out to
Sendmail to send the notification.  Or use any of a number of CPAN modules
to compose and send the notification email.

> The only thing I can find is a
> action_discard when a virus has been found and everything I find on
> the internet suggests that it is not possible to send any
> notification.

Really??  It's Perl.  It's a Turing-complete language, so you can do whatever
you want from within your filter.

Regards,

Dianne.