[Mimedefang] Embedded Perl (continued)

Amit Gupta amit777 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:20:16 EDT 2015

We have 16GB of ram, though there are other processes running on this
machine such as DB that will be segmented later.  I'm curious how much
resident memory each of your mimedefang.pl processes uses?  I haven't
been tracking my mimedefang.pl memory usage over time, so I was a
little surprised to see it at 125Mb.  Before I go down a rabbit hole
of minimizing it, i want to make sure it's actually significantly
higher than your situation.

Also, Am I right in thinking  the forking issue is not such a big deal
because the processes are pre-forked and stay running for some amount
of time and eventually get cleared down to your minimum setting.   I
have my min processes set to 10, and max to 100.. And my monitoring
system shows that I have about 20 running mimedefang.pl processes on
average.