[Mimedefang] Relayed emails can't be filter!

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Jun 12 23:03:12 EDT 2014

If I understand you correctly, your issue is that outgoing mail is not
handled by the milter, even though incoming mail is handled by the
milter.

Outgoing mail is *normally* first handled by the MSA and then goes to
the MTA, where it is *handled exactly the same* as incoming mail.

If these logs are correct, then your outgoing mail is being sent
directly from the MSA to smtp.outside.com. That is *not normal*. Does
your submit.mc.in file have something like this in it:
    FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]', `25')dnl

If not, do NOT just blindly add that, but you should make sure that your
submit.mc.in is unmodified from your distro (and also that your distro
has reasonable defaults, I suppose).

[This is mostly just restating what Bill said. I'm hoping it helps.]

--
Richard