[Mimedefang] Can I get MimeDefang to email alert me when a customer server is on an RBL

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Tue Feb 25 08:06:12 EST 2014

Jon wrote on 02/25/2014 04:15:31 AM:

> I use sendmail/md/sa/clam to test for inbound, I actually don't know
> whether any checks are performed on the outgoing by this combination of
> systems, I would have thought that some check are made on mail going out
> as well as in.

> The systems relaying are a disparate bunch of customer servers. Windows
> mainly.
>
> Occasionally we find a compromise and have to clean up but I am looking
> for ways to clean up far sooner and if possible to fix and block an
> impending flood before or as it happens.
>
> What I realised is that an entry in my Access table that allows relay
> though my servers does not check RBL.

If the spam is being relayed out through your filter, your IP address is
likely to be the one that will get blacklisted.  It will be seen as the
source of the spam.  You might want to look into rate limiting your
customers as well as scanning the messages.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.