[Mimedefang] Can I get MimeDefang to email alert me when a customer server is on an RBL

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Tue Feb 25 04:15:31 EST 2014

> Leading question: Do you test outbound email for spam?

I use sendmail/md/sa/clam to test for inbound, I actually don't know
whether any checks are performed on the outgoing by this combination of
systems, I would have thought that some check are made on mail going out
as well as in.

The systems relaying are a disparate bunch of customer servers. Windows
mainly.

Occasionally we find a compromise and have to clean up but I am looking
for ways to clean up far sooner and if possible to fix and block an
impending flood before or as it happens.

What I realised is that an entry in my Access table that allows relay
though my servers does not check RBL.

jON