[Mimedefang] move SPOOLDIR to tmpfs - how to keep bayes and qdir files at reboot?

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Feb 21 13:51:56 EST 2014

Hi Kees,

I put $Features{'Path:QUARANTINEDIR'} to mimedefang.pl.conf and in my
case (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) .spamassassin is automatically located
under /var/spool/MD-Quarantine without changing home in passwd or
changing HOME=/var/spool/MD-Quarantine in /etc/init.d/mimedefang. Kind
of strange, but it seems to work. Socket and pid files are still in
the tmpfs under /var/spool/MIMEDefang so I think clamav uses the tmpfs
to write and check Mails because I see this in clamav.log

/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-s1LIHX6s005741/Work/msg-5718-2.txt:
Eicar-Test-Signature(02e592f7b2929ea31bdd2564a2f19810:75) FOUND

Ciao!

--
   I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each
other's dreams, we can play together all night.	  -- Calvin