[Mimedefang] md_syslog not working Mimedefang 2.71

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Fri Apr 25 15:49:15 EDT 2014

On 4/25/2014 3:10 PM, Jon Rowlan wrote:
> Is it possible to add defang and clamav users to a group and apply group
> permissions so these can all talk happily together rather than me have
> to change .conf file username settings ..

Yes.  All you have to do is add the clamav user to the defang group,
and make sure your MIMEdefang spool dir has permissions equivalent
to this:

drwxr-x--- 9 defang defang 260 2014-04-25 15:36 /var/spool/MIMEDefang/

My spool dir is a tmpfs so I put those permissions into fstab to
ensure they are set at mount time.

I also use the -G option for MIMEdefang, but I can't remember if
it's necessary.

If you have selinux enabled, you may have other issues.  But I always
disable it.