[Mimedefang] md_syslog not working Mimedefang 2.71

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Fri Apr 25 15:10:54 EDT 2014

I am very tempted to try a source compile once I have a stable platform
on my live server.

One thing that seems to still hamper me is the permissions issues I get.

I like to use MD / SA / Clam.

I still suffer on my old servers with Freshclam and the fact that some
of the clam Daemons are run as user Defang.

What I would like to do is standardise the combination.

Is it possible to add defang and clamav users to a group and apply group
permissions so these can all talk happily together rather than me have
to change .conf file username settings ..

So that I can update each package independantly and quickly integrate? I
could write a single script to set folder perms for the group permission
then.

Does anyone have any "up and running faster" tips for this scenario?

jON