[Mimedefang] FB Joins? And current copy of code we are using to handle DMARC reject/quarantine domains and mailing lists - Was Re: ADMINISTRIVIA: Yahoo users may not post to this mailing list

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at pccc.com
Thu Apr 24 16:53:14 EDT 2014

I have considered what if Gmail follows suit and plan to ask Google about just that question.  They made me a top contributor a few months ago so hopefully I can get an answer.  However, in general my interactions with Google on mail flow and RFCs has always been good and make sense.  Plus they have paying customers so I think a change would need to be communicated far better than Yahoo's somewhat out of the blue change.

Beyond that, my guess is that this  may ultimately be a stopgap measure to buy time for mailing lists to change.  I know the recent mailman Release Candidate added dmarc policy settings just because of this issue.

In fact, I am still not sure this is a bad thing.  It was the lack of notice that really took a lot of people by surprise.  Perhaps no one predicted how bad this would affect lists?
Regards,
KAM