[Mimedefang] md_syslog not working Mimedefang 2.71

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Wed Apr 23 17:28:51 EDT 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, Jon Rowlan wrote:

>I am rather embarrassed to say that after years of using MD, I have
>recently decided to bite the bullet and install a new Debian version and
>update all the associated tools that I use and for the life of me I
>cannot get md_syslog to work.

Might be a stupid question, but anyway: are you sure that you have a
syslog daemon installed.

The sysklogd package seems to be removed from debian wheezy.
A dist-upgrade from squeeze to wheezy removed the sysklogd package
from serveral of my systems without installing a replacement.  :-(

I'm now using the rsyslog package on my wheezy systems.

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL