[Mimedefang] md_syslog not working Mimedefang 2.71

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Wed Apr 23 12:57:37 EDT 2014

I am rather embarrassed to say that after years of using MD, I have
recently decided to bite the bullet and install a new Debian version and
update all the associated tools that I use and for the life of me I
cannot get md_syslog to work.

I am not sure whether there are any tools to debug perl that I can
usefully use in a text based SSH putty window so I use md_syslog for
trace output in my other servers.

I have this set in sendmail.mc

define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', 14)dnl
define(`confLOG_LEVEL', 14)

I have the library

libunix-syslog-perl

installed.

Somewhere there is a setting eluding me I am sure but I am damned if I
can find it !

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

jON