[Mimedefang] Using ARF

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Nov 18 17:25:24 EST 2013

On Nov 18, 2013, at 2:32 PM, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> If you don't mind the bloat, you can use MIME::tools and Email::MIME in the
> same program.  If you do mind the bloat, ARF seems simple enough that you
> should be able to whip up something with MIME::tools fairly easily.

I suspect at the end of the day, the module with the better functionality will win out, though it would be nice to see MIME::tools offer shims for the Email::MIME classes, but… it’s not vital.

Speaking of better functionality,

I noticed that:

my $entity = MIME::Entity->build(
	…
	Disposition => undef
);

doesn’t work, but that:

$entity->head->delete(‘Content-Disposition’);

does.  Any chance of fixing new() and build() to allow one to set views like ‘Content-Disposition’, ‘Content-Transfer-Encoding’, ‘MIME-Version’, ‘X-Mailer’, etc. to undef and have that do the right thing?

I’m running Fedora and have 5.503 so if this has subsequently been fixed, apologies…

Thanks,

-Philip