[Mimedefang] Using ARF

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Nov 18 16:32:52 EST 2013

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:15:03 -0700
Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:

> I was looking on CPAN for ARF modules, and just saw the
> Email::ARF::Report module by Ricardo Signes.

> Unfortunately, it uses Email::MIME which isn’t method-compatible with
> MIME::Entity (et al).

If you don't mind the bloat, you can use MIME::tools and Email::MIME in the
same program.  If you do mind the bloat, ARF seems simple enough that you
should be able to whip up something with MIME::tools fairly easily.

Let me rant a little at the Perl community: Thank you for starting the
Perl Email Project (http://emailproject.perl.org/) thereby leaving two
incompatible sets of email modules on CPAN rather than working to
improve the existing modules.  Nothing like NIH to make someone's day.

Let me rant a little more: Thank you, Perl developers, for MOOSE, the
most ridiculously bloated object system in creation.  ("There are more
than one hundred ways to do it") Eventually, trying to combine CPAN
modules in any useful fashion will require 1TB of RAM.

And a final rant: Thank you, Perl developers, for Perl 6.  I'll end
here before my blood pressure pops a vein.