[Mimedefang] Perl DBI problem stops mimedefang from loading?

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Fri Dec 6 14:58:58 EST 2013

On 12/6/2013 2:48 PM, Richard Laager wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 07:44 -0500, Scott Galambos wrote:
>> I was using these on an older 32 bit single processor
>> server without a problem for years.  I'm now trying to migrate to a 64
>> bit SMP server and I can't specify these max values without it failing
>> with the following error.
> 64 bits > 32 bits. Every pointer is larger, so applications take more
> memory. We had a similar issue (not with DBI, but with the max memory
> settings all of a sudden being too small) when we upgraded our
> MIMEDefang systems from 32 to 64 bits.
>
> Retest to find new appropriate values for your 64 bit systems.
Good catch.  Memory requirements for 64-bit apps are much higher but it
is not simply double.  It should be less than double and guessing the
size is a complicated affair.

regards,
KAM