[Mimedefang] Perl DBI problem stops mimedefang from loading?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Dec 6 14:48:03 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 07:44 -0500, Scott Galambos wrote:
> I was using these on an older 32 bit single processor
> server without a problem for years.  I'm now trying to migrate to a 64
> bit SMP server and I can't specify these max values without it failing
> with the following error.

64 bits > 32 bits. Every pointer is larger, so applications take more
memory. We had a similar issue (not with DBI, but with the max memory
settings all of a sudden being too small) when we upgraded our
MIMEDefang systems from 32 to 64 bits.

Retest to find new appropriate values for your 64 bit systems.

--
Richard