[Mimedefang] Accessing header from within filter()...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 11 21:09:18 EDT 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:51:17 -0600
Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:

> At the same time, if someone has a handy plug-in that they want to
> post or share (whatever happened to the Wiki with all the really
> useful examples), then it's nice to have it be "drop-in" compatible.

MIMEDefang as it stands now is not in a state where that can happen.
The API is far too dirty.  Cleaning it up has been on my "TODO" list
since... well, since forever, but paying work always gets in the way.

[...]

> Every one-off global variable that people have to add (and name
> locally) themselves takes us a step further away from that.

You want to do a specific thing that no-one has asked for in 10+ years
of MIMEDefang.  I hardly think that warrants a new global variable
in the core.