[Mimedefang] Accessing header from within filter()...

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Sep 11 17:51:17 EDT 2012

On 9/11/12 3:23 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> I don't think so.  If you need it, it's easy enough to do and I'd rather
> not add yet another global variable to the base set that MIMEDefang
> has to worry about.

I get that.

At the same time, if someone has a handy plug-in that they want to post or share (whatever happened to the Wiki with all the really useful examples), then it's nice to have it be "drop-in" compatible.

Otherwise, you end up with two different people adding 2 different variables to name the global variable... and then having to modify plug-ins to coexist, etc.

Besides, there are trivial bits of additional variables I can see not wanting to add, but the message being processed itself is a pretty central bit of state.

It would be nice if the MIMEDefang community had a way of sharing plug-ins the way that SpamAssassin does...

Every one-off global variable that people have to add (and name locally) themselves takes us a step further away from that.

-Philip