[Mimedefang] Requeue failed messages

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Thu Oct 18 05:01:35 EDT 2012

> By dumping them directly into Outlook express (drag/drop) I get a
> pretty good rendering but there are some anomalies with the text.

> Just don't go there.  Outlook will completely mangle your mail beyond
recognition.

> You need the original RFC-822 format message and the original envelope
senders.  Those are only available > if you use
action_quarantine_entire_message().

Yes, Outlook express and Outlook do. However, I was curious as I have
used the method to place the mails into the IMAP server for Squirrelmail
to collect and no users have complained of corruption. Yesterday I
placed the mails into the IMAP folders and they were all displaying
perfectly with all attachments intact. I simply forwarded them to my
email account and onto the users concerned. Just in case anyone needs to
do this in future that seems to work a treat.

> how would I then re-queue the email?

> You would use UNIX tools like sed, awk and grep to extract the sender
and recipient list and then use
> something like:

> sendmail -odi -f$SENDER $RECIPIENTS < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

Got it, thanks Dave, much obliged one and all.

Regards

jON