[Mimedefang] Requeue failed messages

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Oct 16 18:26:39 EDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:59:51 +0100
"Jon Rowlan" <jon.rowlan at sads.com> wrote:

> By dumping them directly into Outlook express (drag/drop) I get a
> pretty good rendering but there are some anomalies with the text.

Just don't go there.  Outlook will completely mangle your mail beyond
recognition.

You need the original RFC-822 format message and the original envelope
senders.  Those are only available if you use
action_quarantine_entire_message().

> how would I then re-queue the email?

You would use UNIX tools like sed, awk and grep to extract the sender
and recipient list and then use something like:

sendmail -odi -f$SENDER $RECIPIENTS < ENTIRE_MESSAGE