[Mimedefang] X-Auto-Response-Suppress header

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:02:22 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM,  <kd6lvw at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 2)  You still haven't said why I should accept any message which violates the standards.  Malformed messages should be rejected for precisely that reason -- ALWAYS.

1) Why do you bother with email at all if you don't care about the content?

2) The standards you mention are internet standards (even though you
seem willing to violate them yourself when it suits your purposes). .
Much mail actually originates in proprietary systems that do not have
exact mappings to/from the internet standard requirements.  If you
want to communicate with people on these systems, you have to deal
with whatever the gateway systems do with the messages.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com