[Mimedefang] X-Auto-Response-Suppress header

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 17 21:54:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, 17 May 2012 16:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:

> In that case, why have standards at all if the results from
> non-compliant software will be accepted anyway?  Rejection of
> non-standard data (including messages) should give sufficient
> motivation to fix broken software.

There's exactly one thing that will motivate Microsoft to fix broken
software: If they believe that not fixing it will cost more than
fixing it.  No other factors contribute to their consideration.

Roaring Penguin is not big enough for our rejecting Exchange messages
to cost Microsoft anything.  We'd go out of business before Microsoft
lost a penny.