[Mimedefang] filter_sender, authenticated or smtp (port 25) Connections

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Sun Feb 19 23:00:00 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:26:29AM -0500, David F. Skoll (dfs at roaringpenguin.com) wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:34:52 +1100
> Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst at barrett.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for that.
> > I have tried this but I can't get it to work.
>
> > then in filter_sender I did:
> >
> >     if(defined($SendmailMacros{"auth_type"}))
>
> Before you can access macros in filter_sender, you need to call
> read_commands_file() as per the mimedefang-filter man page.

Thanks, but I did have that in there ... I just did not include it and neither all the comments above that line ;-)
Your man pages are very good!

It is running now, thanks for all your help ... including Jan-Pieter and Tilman.

Even though I might make a complete and utter fool out of myself (but at least I am honest) I am actually not sure what fixed it. After your email I was at least sure that all my config elements where correct (inclucing MD_EXTRA) ... so I checked all the code again that I have in mimedefang-filter ... the only difference I did from last night was to reload the entire sendmail system including all milters and mimedefang ... normally I only do /etc/rc.d/init.d/mimdefang reload.

The access to the SendmailMacros is actually a really good feature, I should have started using them years ago ... thanks for all that good work.

Happy user.
Jobst