[Mimedefang] Problem using ClamAV

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Sun Feb 19 02:14:56 EST 2012

I did read about this a long time back (2005??) ... and thought at that time that my opinion was correct.
As far as I can remember it had to do how sendmail hands the message over to the milter -> less overhead.
However, at the time I had problems that the virus milter was hanging ... for some time I used amavis ... which made mimedefang unstable (NOTE this is in no way the problem of mimedefang but rather the virus daemon!!!!)

Reading about the other comment where mimedfang breaks the message and hands the message BROKEN over to clamav ... I am not so sure anymore ... next time when I comment I turn my brain on first before commeting about something that is only blury in my head.

JObst