[Mimedefang] Postfix and Mimedefang

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Apr 4 14:54:30 EDT 2012

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Are you running SELinux on this machine where it didn't work?

No, it was stock Debian (5.0/lenny IIRC).  It worked fine straight from
the freshly-installed packages in my test VM, so I'm not certain what
went wrong.

> Did you look at /var/log/audit/audit.log for clues why?

Nothing jumped out at me from any of the logs;  although from past
experience it was likely a socket (plus parent directories)
permissions+ownership issue.  Switching to using a TCP socket was faster
than wading through the combinations and permutations on which processes
were running as which user and group and convincing the system to really
let me keep them as customized instead of as installed.  (Which I've
done with CentOS [3 IIRC] a number of years ago.)

-kgd