[Mimedefang] Postfix and Mimedefang

Roman Pretory hostmaster at austrianonlines.com
Wed Apr 4 13:30:52 EDT 2012

Am 2012-04-04 17:15, schrieb Kris Deugau:
> Hostmaster AustrianOnlines wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I use mimedefang for a long time, now I have to change the mta to
>> postfix 2.6.6.
>> is there a way to get mimedefang also run with postfix?
>>
>> I have searched a lot put I could't find a good howto.
>
> It should "Just Work", most of the time.  I found the only wrinkle
> was
> that using a socket for the MTA<->milter connection didn't seem to
> work
> on the live production servers, so I switched to a TCP connection and
> it
> worked fine.
>
> -kgd

good to know that it work, but how ?

only put following lines in main.cf don't work.

smtpd_milters = inet:10025 at localhost
milter_default_action = tempfail
milter_protocol = 6
milter_mail_macros = {auth_author} {auth_type} {auth_authen}

there is to change to socket also im mimedefang anywere

now i have

define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT', `j, {if_addr}')dnl
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_HELO', `{verify}, {cert_subject}')dnl
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM', `i, {auth_authen}')dnl
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVRCPT', `{greylist}')dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
T=S:360s;R:360s;E:15m')dnl

in my sendmail.mc how to translate that to main.cf ??
just work with the centos 6 rpm for postfix 2.6.6 or is there anything
to patch?
is the defang user a problem to change to postfix or ok.

--
Roman