[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor crash

draeger draeger at ipd.net
Tue Sep 6 05:05:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

I did some further testing. When commenting out the spamassin module in
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl :

sub detect_and_load_perl_modules () {
     if (!defined($Features{"AutoDetectPerlModules"}) or
         $Features{"AutoDetectPerlModules"}) {
         # if (!defined($Features{"SpamAssassin"})) {
         #    (eval 'use Mail::SpamAssassin ();
$Features{"SpamAssassin"} = 1;')
         #       or $Features{"SpamAssassin"} = 0;
         # }

then everything works fine (that is to say I can send a mail from my MUA).
I compiled Spam Assissin from source and run a "make test" which seemed
to work.
I did a test run of Spam Assissin on the shell:
spamassassin -t < sample-nonspam.txt > nonspam.out
spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt > spam.out
This was working too.
So I don't know, whether the problem is with Spam Assissin itself, or
the perl modules it is using; or there is a communication problem with
Spam Assissin and Mimedefang...

Regards