[Mimedefang] From Specific Address's

Aaron Enders aenders24 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 14:21:18 EDT 2011

I wanted to thank everyone who helped! Great mailing list her guys. Very
knowledgeable for us lesser folks.. I need to take the time to
understand perl a little more after this one..

I ended up using an edited version of the below for outgoing, all is
working and ownership will be happy for the time being,, now get get on
archiving old email backups..

Thank you
Aaron

On 10/21/2011 10:55 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Aaron Enders<aenders24 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>> You my friend are ingenious this worked perfectly the first time
>> through, I
>> can't thank you enough. I do have one more piece to the puzzle I have a
>> question on...
>>
>> What filter part scans outgoing email? I would like to have all outgoing
>> emails sent to said domains copied also..
>>
> All mail going through the machine is scanned.  MimeDefang doesn't
> have a concept of 'direction'.

Aaron,

What he means is MD sees email and you have to write logic to determine
if it's inbound or outbound.

However, for your case, I imagine you know the domain you want to
archive so you could do loop in filter_end based on domain.  If that
domain is handled on the same box, you'll need to check the file HEADERS
line by line to see if there is a header match to prevent loops, etc.

    my ($recip);
    foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
       if ($recip =~ /\@domain\.com)>?$/i) {
         action_add_header("X-IMAHEADER","Testing");
         add_recipient('archive at somwhereelse.com');
         md_syslog('warning', "Preserving Email because of recipient:
$recip");
       }
     }

regards,