[Mimedefang] Dropping Attachment from one User (thank you for any and all help)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jun 6 13:25:35 EDT 2011

on 6/3/2011 9:03 AM Aaron Enders spake the following:
> My apologies, here is mimedefang-filter.  ---- I believe it might be an issue
> with winmail.dat. as I've found this in the mail.info log... Question is, how
> can I ignore the winmail.dat and still recieve the pdf? If this is indeed the
> problem. I've asked our client to send in plain text for the time being but
> this is happening more and more frequently.

The winmail.dat is Microsoft Outlook's proprietary attachment compression
protocol. You can not ignore it and still get the attachments. Either you need
to try and extract it, or get the sending end to stop using it. They need to
disable sending as Rich Text, and use either HTML or plain text.