[Mimedefang] MIME::Tools 5.501 has been released

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:18:13 EST 2011

On 2/23/2011 1:52 PM, kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:
> --- On Wed, 2/23/11, James Ralston<qralston+ml.mimedefang at andrew.cmu.edu>  wrote:
>>> But: if you release a new version of MIMEDefang that requires perl
>> 5.10, then it means that we can't upgrade beyond the latest version
>> that still works with perl 5.8, because we aren't even close to being
>> able to deploy RHEL6 (which includes perl 5.10) on production servers
>> yet.
>
> Your choice not to upgrade I see as your problem.

But CentOS6 with the corresponding versions and likely a larger base
isn't out yet.

> Those of us who keep current are running perl 5.12.3.

Some people choose new bugs over old.  Not everyone.

> Red Hat also distributes BIND 9.3.6, which is a pre-DNSSEC capable version of the name server, yet even the DNS root zone has been DNSSEC signed for 9 months.....  That should tell you something about RH.

Red Hat backports fixes, so it doesn't make sense to talk about their
version numbers without tracking what they have changed.  Like perhaps
mentioning a CVE number that they haven't addressed.  But in this case
that's not quite true either since the 5.6 update included bind 9.7.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com