[Mimedefang] More than one From address

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Aug 25 09:58:00 EDT 2011

Todd wrote on 08/25/2011 09:42:19 AM:

> Thanks also for the information about multiple From addresses... in the
> 15+ years I've been in IT and managing email, I'd never seen messages
with
> multiple From addresses before.

I recall discussions either here or on some other list where spammers were
using multiple From: header entries to try to get past.  One would have
your address, or at least your domain, which they hoped would be the one
to show up in your mail client so you would trust it, and hopefully, the
filter would look at the other one so it wouldn't block the email because
it was from your domain.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.