[Mimedefang] Busy Timeout Slaves

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 31 16:28:40 EDT 2010

William Parr wrote:

> Sorry,  hope this makes the details more readable:

It's impossible to figure out what's going on without seeing your
filter and/or the output of "strace" on a busy slave.

strace is your best bet.  Run:

	md-mx-ctrl busyslaves

a few times.  Look for ones that seem to be stuck at the
same stage, and then strace them.  If you have CPU cycles
to spare, my money is on network problems (eg, slow DNS)
or a broken virus scanner.  You're using Sophos, I see,
and closed-source software is usually the worst offender. :)

(Oh... if the server having problems is running AIX, then
you need to use the AIX equivalent of strace, if there is one.
truss/ptrace/ktrace/...)