[Mimedefang] md misses some emails

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 21 22:01:59 EDT 2010

Tony <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:

>> I'll take a guess that you mean it has "[SPAM]" in the subject line.
>> Your MD filter doesn't do that.
>
> yes I know, spamassassin does the tagging

But your Mimedefang filter has nothing about rewriting the subject line.

If you are correct, then you are running Spamassassin twice: once called
by Mimedefang and then again called some other way.  Check both of them.
Maybe you have different scores for rejection by Mimedefang and marking
with "[SPAM]" in the subject line.  There are other possibilities.  But
there is no good reason to run Spamassassin twice.

Joseph Brennan