[Mimedefang] md misses some emails

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 21 17:51:22 EDT 2010

Tony <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:

> this filter does work because I see entries in my sendmail log showing
> rejection of emails with the message "No spam wanted here.". So I know
> it's working. What baffles me is I also see the occasional spam email
> landing in my inbox clearly tagged as [SPAM].

What do you mean by "tagged as [SPAM]", and what causes that to happen?

I'll take a guess that you mean it has "[SPAM]" in the subject line.
Your MD filter doesn't do that.  Is there another filter running on
your system?  Or was it put there by another system before it was sent
to your system (I have seen this)?

Joseph Brennan