[Mimedefang] mimedefang not rejecting

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Wed Mar 17 11:43:10 EDT 2010

Tony,

If Spamassassin is labelling mail, then you are running the SpamAssassin
Milter as well as MIMEDefang, or those labels are coming from somewhere
else, as MIMEDefang does not change the message unless instructed to,
and your very minimal filter only adds an X-Spam-Score header.

Debug your filter operation by adding a line like this:

md_syslog('debug', "SA debug - message from $Sender, Subject=$Subject -
$MsgID,$hits,$names");

This will write to SYSLOG for every message, explaining what happened
and giving the message ID, the Spamassassin score, and the names of all
rules which were triggered.  It's also a good idea to write to SYSLOG
when MIMEDefang starts and stops, so you can see that it is running and
terminating when told :

sub filter_initialize()
{
md_syslog('debug','Filter version $Revision: 4.10 $ starting');
}

sub filter_cleanup()
{
md_syslog('debug','Filter version $Revision: 4.10 $ shutting down');
}

(note that I keep my filter organised via RCS - put your own version
number in).

Best Wishes,

Paul.