[Mimedefang] Email 101

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 16 14:10:12 EDT 2010

Ben Kamen wrote:

> I also wonder if it might be worth while mentioning that DNS can
> source from a port other than 53.  For those configured intricate
> firewall policies, this could trip them up on the outbound side as
> well.

Hmm, maybe.  Actually, I didn't even want to mention DNS-related firewall
policies because it's a bit too "102-ish" for something entitled "Email-101".
However, someone else here at Roaring Penguin thought it would be a good
idea.

Perhaps I will add a section with a somewhat more diplomatic title
than "Common Screwups" that will warn novices of typical dumb
mistakes. :)

Or maybe I'll write a whole other paper called "How to mess up email delivery"