[Mimedefang] Email 101

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Mar 16 13:43:27 EDT 2010

On 3/16/2010 11:08 AM, Jason Bertoch wrote:

> 	I found it well written and could certainly find a use for it with new
> employees and support technicians.  It may not be relevant to your target
> audience, but I thought a useful addition to the DNS Transport section might be
> to mention firewall restriction of DNS packets to 512 bytes as another common
> mistake.

I also wonder if it might be worth while mentioning that DNS can source from a port other than 53.
For those configured intricate firewall policies, this could trip them up on the outbound side as well.

Ooo, and maybe mention (although possibly not a '101' subject) the TXT record used for things like SPF? (although maybe no longer relevant)

This is nice. I'm going to link it on my website.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.