[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.69 is released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jun 16 22:28:07 EDT 2010

- wrote:
>> * Remove Anomy::HTMLCleaner support.

> Why?  This seems capricious without a reason.

Anomy::HTMLCleaner is buggy and unmaintained.  We removed support for
it from mimedefang.pl.

You are, of course, free to use Anomy::HTMLCleaner yourself in your filter
if you like.

> One change I'd really like to see: Replace "bounce" with "reject"
> everwhere, since that's really what MIMEDefang is doing with a
> message when it calls action_bounce().

Yeah, that's a good idea... however, our plans are to rework mimedefang.pl
into a much cleaner piece of Perl that has a nicer filter API.  So we'll
probably be getting rid of the action_xxx functions anyway; everything
will be OO.

(Don't worry... our plans are to ship a MIMEDefang::Legacy module to
let existing filter code keep working.)