[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.69 is released

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 20:59:05 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> MIMEDefang 2.69 is available at ...
>
> 2010-05-13  Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>
> * Remove Anomy::HTMLCleaner support.

Why?  This seems capricious without a reason.

> * header_timezone() now generates a strictly RFC2822-compliant timezone
> string without needing POSIX::strftime()

I would rather have an RFC 5322-compliant timezone.  ;-)

One change I'd really like to see:  Replace "bounce" with "reject" everwhere, since that's really what MIMEDefang is doing with a message when it calls action_bounce().  (Keep "action_bounce()" as an alias function to "action_reject()" for some time so that people may upgrade immediately without broken filters - but also have time to rewrite them.)