[Mimedefang] whitelisting in mimedefang-filter

tonj tonj at freeuk.com
Fri Jul 16 17:51:49 EDT 2010

> Paul means the startup files, usually /etc/init.d/mimedefang.
> However, some installations separate startup script from startup
> configuration, maybe /etc/default/mimedefang
> /etc/sysconfig/.../mimedefang.

I found what looked like the config file at:
etc/sysconfig/mimedefang
and I edited the MD line to read: MD_EXTRA="-T"
md restarted fine but the whitelisting still doesn't work.
Have I invoked the -t flag correctly? I also took a look inside
etc/rc.d/init.d/mimedefang as well but I could't see anywhere there to
invoke the -t  flag. I did a search on google but couldn't find any
instructions on how to use the -t flag.

> Actually, he means to take care reading "man mimedefang" and make sure you
> configure your startup script calls mimedefang with the correct options.

I did find man mimedefang buried in the docs and in it I found the section
titled FILTER BY RECIPIENT and after reading I altered the md-filter to
include:
my ($recipient, $sender, $ip, $hostname) - @_;
but still the whitelisting doesn't work.
thanks for any further advice.