[Mimedefang] action_bounce html mail

tonj tonj at freeuk.com
Tue Jul 13 15:46:18 EDT 2010

>> Try it in filter, as I suggested, not filter_begin.
>
> Bad advice.  That would reject mail that has an html part (i.e.
> multipart/alternative), which is NOT the same as an html-only mail.
> Should multipart/alternative have a text/plain part, it should pass (at
> least that part) through (other spammy-reasons notwithstanding).

actually I do want to reject any mail that contains html, including
text/html mix.. I've found that every spam that gets through the spam filter
contains a mix of text with corresponding html part. I would rather try
across-the-board html rejection and then whitelist in the ones allowed.

> Rejecting based on overall non-multipart message content type is better
> done in the MTA itself. (With sendmail, use a header ruleset.  I posted
> such to this list in the past week [all to sendmail.mc, to answer "tonj"].
> If you use a different MTA, then it's up to you to figure out the
> equivalent.)

yes I did get your post on that thanks. I haven't tried it yet because I
wanted to see if I could do it with md first, and if it was hopeless I would
then try the header ruleset in sendmail.mc.

>> tonj <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:
>>   if ($hits >= 5) {
>
> You should not hardcode the level in the filter.  It is better to use:
>
>    if ($hits >= $rej) {

ok I've done that edit, thanks.